September 30, 2007
I hope everyone had a great summer. As we start our 2007-2008 membership year, I'd like to re-cap our great 2006/2007 year:
- Increased membership ~50% - at all time high of 68 members
- Added Movie Club to our list of activities
- Created new Choir Group that had 2 internal and 1 external performance
- Established a scholarship fund for Junior Year Abroad - Munich
- Adopted IMMA as our official 'sister' organization and helped them with 2 events
- Learned from 7 great speakers
- Read and discussed 8 interesting books
- Tried out 10 new restaurants
- Toured the Munich Botanical Garden
- Held 3 holiday parties - Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Fourth of July
- Made many new friends
- And most of all, laughed and had fun
I'd like to thank the outgoing AAUPW Board members that helped make all of the above possible. There was definitely time and thought from all of them that contributed to our successful year. I'd also like to welcome the incoming Board. The reward for the time you are devoting to the club is seeing the smiling faces of our members.
I hope that all of you will rejoin/join our group. We are definitely a great group of women. I'm looking forward to continuing in my role as president. See you in September!